DON’T MISS THE LAST WEEKEND TO EXPERIENCE PACIFIC STANDARD TIME WITH THE FAMILY
On the weekend of March 3–4, 2012, the Pacific Standard Time partners offer a focus weekend program featuring a Chinese cultural celebration, art and architectural workshops, live music, curator-led exhibition tours, free posters and tote bags, and gift shop discounts! Participating museums include:
- California African American Museum | 600 State Dr., Los Angeles 90037 | caamuseum.org
- Chinese American Museum | 425 N. Los Angeles St., 90012 | camla.org
- Fisher Museum of Art, University of Southern California | 823 Exposition Bl., Los Angeles 90089 | fisher.usc.edu
- The GRAMMY Museum | 800 W. Olympic Bl., Los Angeles 90015 | grammymuseum.org
- ONE National Gay & Lesbian Archives | 909 W. Adams Bl., Los Angeles 90007 | onearchives.org
- Vincent Price Art Museum, East Los Angeles College | 1301 Avenida Cesar Chavez, Monterey Park 91754 |vincentpriceartmuseum.org
The schedule is as follows:
SATURDAY, MARCH 3
Chinese American Museum
12 – 7 pm | In conjunction with the Pacific Standard Time exhibition Breaking Ground: Chinese American Architects in Los Angeles (1945-1980) and the annual Lantern Festival, the Museum offers a day with Chinese New Year fanfare and a host of activities including a Build Your Dream Home workshop where participants will design a modern home using unconventional materials such as yarn, poker chips, or hair rollers, while integrating their personal memories, visions, and ideas into physical forms.
Fisher Museum of Art, University of Southern California
12 – 3 pm | In conjunction with the Pacific Standard Time exhibition Sight Specific: LACPS and the Politics of Community, the Museum offers an afternoon program filled with music, live entertainment, art-making activities, free food and refreshments.
California African American Museum
2 – 3 pm | Join curators Mark Steven Greenfield, P. Stephen Hardy, Charmaine Jefferson, and Paul Von Blum for a tour of the Pacific Standard Time exhibition Places of Validation, Art, and Progression.
Vincent Price Art Museum, East Los Angeles College
2 – 3 pm | Join Guest Curator Sonia Mak for an exhibition walkthrough of the Pacific Standard Time exhibition ‘Round the Clock: Chinese American Artists Working in Los Angeles.
SUNDAY, MARCH 4
ONE National Gay & Lesbian Archives (West Adams)
1 – 2 pm | Join curator David Frantz for a tour of the Pacific Standard Time exhibition Cruising the Archive: Queer Art and Culture in Los Angeles, 1945-1980: Rare Looks.
The GRAMMY Museum
2 – 3 pm | Join curator Josh Kun for a tour of the Pacific Standard Time exhibition Trouble in Paradise: Music and Los Angeles 1945-1975.
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THESE SPECIAL PROMOTIONS:
- A free poster from the California African American Museum to visitors who mention Pacific Standard Time.
- Special 15% discount for gift shop purchases at the Chinese American Museum (some restrictions apply); visitors who purchase or renew a membership at the Advocate level get a free Breaking Ground catalogue.
- A free exhibition poster from The GRAMMY Museum to the first 100 visitors each day.
- A free USC Fisher Museum of Art tote bag to the first 100 visitors at the Museum on Sunday.
For more information, visit pacificstandardtime.org.